Hello and welcome to my home page. These are a collection of my personal pages. There are no secrets here. Some of these pages may even be useful to you. It all started with me wanting a place to keep my list of bookmarks and reviewed utilities. Having just two pages on a web site did not make sense. So, I had to come up with a few more pages. The page of essential PC software got added when I got my computer. All other pages got added as and when the circumstances demanded. Who knows what new pages will emerge over time? All I can say is "keep checking".
Hi! My name is S.M.Mahesh. I am from Bangalore, India. Bangalore is the capital of Karnataka state in South India. It is also known as the Silicon Valley of India because of the plethora of software companies who have set up offices in this city.
I hold a Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. I am currently employed with Lucent Technologies at Bohemia, New York. Thus, I am a living proof that it is possible to survive graduate school and get a job afterwards!
Here is "Mahesh in a nutshell" - the preprint version.
- Travelling - love to visit various places and learning about different cultures
- Automobiles - if it has got wheels and an engine, I am interested
- Autoracing - Formula One, World Rally and Superbikes
- Nature and Wildlife - Rainforest is better than a sprawling metropolis any day (as long as its got internet access *grin*)
- Reading - anything related to science fiction, spy thrillers, humor and fantasy (thanks to J.K.Rowling and J.R.R.Tolkien). Serious material varies from Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" to "How to be assertive"
- My bike - I have a circa 1969 bike in Bangalore. Love it and hate it depending on whether it runs smoothly or not.
- Quotes - these days I am hooked on quotes,proverbs, etc. As long as it is funny, inspirational, witty, thought provoking or any combination of them.
Thanks for visiting! If you have any comments, suggestions, questions or want to give feedback, use the feedback link on the navigation sidebar (on the left) to contact me.